I didn’t succumb to Single Sock Syndrome! As soon as I finished the first sock, I cast on the second – and I persevered through every teeny tiny microscopic stitch until I ended up with a pair of socks!
Check ‘em out! I used the Sockology pattern (which contains some dubious translation from German, resulting in some questionable interpretation on the part of the puzzled knitter) and Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fun yarn (45% cotton, 42% wool, 13% Polyamide) in colour 506. I like them. I’m not convinced they’re worth all the hours I put into them (there are 10.5 rows to the inch – that’s 630 stitches for every inch of sock, and when you add together all the inches in the leg and the foot and double it because of that issue of having two feet, that’s about 20,000 stitches!) . But I do like them, and they’re pretty comfortable. They better last longer than those $2.99 socks at Zeller’s, that’s all I can say.