What to blog about today? Hmm. I’m coming up empty. Maybe just a little smattering of tidbits.
1) That cat I was talking about yesterday? The one with the weird fur? I just added some pictures.
2) Yesterday I went out to mail some stuff, and I pulled some weeds out of my flower garden on my way out. I left them in a little pile at the end of my walkway, figuring I’d put them in the green bin when I got home. An hour or so later I returned home to find an old lady standing on my walkway eating my weeds.
3) I made swiss chard and chickpeas from It Ain’t Meat Babe. It’s supposed to feed four and I halved the recipe. But it’s a magic recipe – we keep eating it, and it doesn’t get any smaller. We’ve eaten it twice already, and we’ve barely made a dent in it. Good thing it’s good.
4) Duncan lost another pound. He’s a svelte 18 pounds now. Sometimes he tears around the house and up and down the stairs just because he can. I remember when I first got him, playing was too much of an effort for him. And when he wanted to lie down, he’d line himself up with where he wanted to be and then tip himself over. Also? I’ve started buying his canned food at Global Pet Foods, in Ottawa South. I buy all different kinds so he gets variety. So far he’s loved everything except a chicken & seafood pate.
5) A few months ago I mentioned that I needed clothes for job interviews, and Stephanie mentioned an organization called My First Suit. I contacted them and they agreed to help me out. This afternoon I’m going downtown to pick up my suit!