Lately I’ve been falling behind. In April I went from a four-day-a-week job and two contracts on the side to a five-day-a-week job and four contracts. It’s temporary – the full-time job is over at the end of June, and then I’ll be looking for more work.
In the meantime, I’m not getting a whole lot of stuff done other than what absolutely must be done: work, laundry, food, pets, and a little bit of fun. The housework will just have to wait till July. Blogging will be intermittent and mostly in point form.
Here are a few of the things I’ve been doing for fun:
- On Mother’s Day my son took me out for martinis and poutine. This struck me as the grown-up version of the traditional Mother’s Day Breakfast in Bed: Cheerios in chocolate milk served with a piece of toast, a pickle and three gummy bears. I laugh every time I think of martinis and poutine.
- This weekend GC and I went for dinner at a friend’s place and had a really lovely evening just sitting on their patio, talking, drinking beer and feasting.
- We also found time for a romantic Sunday afternoon picnic at the Arboretum, with wine and a baguette and blueberry goat cheese.
- Saturday morning I went for a 14 km walk, Sunday a 16 km walk, and Monday I reined it all back in and only went for a measly 10 km. I listened to some excellent short story podcasts while I walked.
And here are a couple of fun things on the horizon:
- Today is GC’s car’s birthday. After work we’re all going to pile in (GC, me, Ernie, Duncan and Rosie) and go through the carwash!
- We bought tickets to go see Propeller Dance at the Centrepointe Theatre on June 1st. This will be our first time seeing them; everybody says they’re fantastic.
- The Great Glebe Garage Sale is next Saturday!