1) Are you voting in Ontario’s provincial election on October 10th?
2) If so, who are you voting for?
3) How are you voting on the referendum question?
4) Hypothetical bonus question: If the new electoral system (Mixed Member Proportional) were in effect for this election, which of course it isn’t, would both your votes go to the same party?
5) Why is it considered rude to ask people who they’re voting for?
Here are my answers:
2) Probably Green or NDP – I’ll decide at the All-Candidates Debate in Carlington on Wednesday night.
3) I’m voting FOR the proposed change (ie Mixed Member Proportional).
4) I don’t know yet.
5) I have always been mystified by this particular bit of etiquette. (Also, why is it considered rude to put your elbows on the table?)