Just a quick update.
1. Oboe’s still making progress. Little baby steps. Today was the first day he didn’t weigh less than the day before. 44 grams, same as yesterday. He has lost 20% of his body weight in nine days. But he’s starting to eat more on his own, he’s much brighter, he spends time on a perch (instead of in his cave on the floor of his cage), and he chirps occasionally.
2. Duncan’s coming home today. (And he thanks Bonnie for pointing out that the reason he had to chew through the dog food bag was to see if there was a MOUSE in there.)
3. We’ve discovered that Rosie whimpers when we leave her alone. We know this because Simon the African Grey has added dog whimpers to his vocal repertoire. Rosie actually spends very little time alone because she goes to work with GC, who works in his basement. But on those rare occasions when she does get left behind, she whimpers. That’s what Simon says, anyway.
4. We made 4,000 more bottles of wine today.
5. I had an enjoyable (albeit puzzling) conversation on the bus yesterday with an elderly man whose favourite lottery is Cash for Life. I couldn’t help pointing out that that kind of lottery (which pays you a set amount per month until you die) is far more favourable to younger lottery players than older ones, and he said that’s okay, he’s planning to put the money aside for his grandchildren, who are still young.