Many thanks to Pearl at Humanyms for the Stylish Blogger Award. The meme says: “By accepting this award I’m to tell five of my favourite things and then pick five people to pass the award on to.”
Five of my Favourite Things
1. Raspberries. I adore them. From the age of 10 to 15 I lived in a place where I could eat them right off the bushes in the back yard (for three weeks of the year, anyway), and there was nothing I liked better than an unlimited supply of fresh raspberries, still warm from the sun.
This, by the way, is what my incredibly romantic GC made me for Valentines Day:
2. Birds. I love big murders of crows and migrating geese and nuthatches running headlong down tree trunks and pink-toed pigeons and cheery chickadees and any kind of flock doing any kind of aerobatics in the sky. I love birds.
3. The book I’m currently reading: Lullabies for Little Criminals, by Heather O’Neill. I’m savouring every single word and wish it would never end. I want desperately for it to have a happy ending.
4. My undiagnosed obsessive-compulsive disorder. I love falling under the spell of a new hobby or interest and becoming obsessed and reading and learning everything I can about it.
5. Sinking into a writing project so completely that I lose all track of time and it almost writes itself. Re-writing. Editing. Building the perfect sentence out of mere words.
I’m only supposed to tell you about five of my favourite things, but suddenly my mind is being flooded with other contenders. The colour periwinkle, falling asleep with Duncan tucked into me, Kazoo laughing out loud, a cool breeze on a hot day, a hot shower on a cold day, finding a treasure at the thrift shop, babies, clotheslines, the twinkle in GC’s eye, garage sales, dreams about flying, finding something I thought I’d lost, doing something I’ve been procrastinating about…
Five more bloggers
Okay. So now I’m supposed to name five other bloggers who might reveal five things they like, and then, in turn, name five other bloggers. Etcetera.
And a bonus one because I’m a rebel too, but not as much of a rebel as Pearl: